It is expected that employees in the Stokes County Schools will use electronic resources for educational purposes. Employees are expected to exhibit the highest ethical behavior in maintaining network security and in personal use of the Internet and electronic mail and should promote that behavior among students. It is the responsibility of employees to:
* Sign an Acceptable Use of Electronic Resources Agreement annually (Stokes County Board of Education Policy #3225/7320, The Internet and the Educational Program).
* Adhere to network security regulations including but not limited to computer use, personal file use, wireless access, electronic mail and virus protection as outlined in the Stokes County Board of Education Policy #3220, Technology in the Educational Program and any related administrative procedures set forth by the Stokes County Schools.
* Safeguard network security by keeping usernames and passwords private, logging off or locking the teacher computer and complying with FERPA (Family Education Rights and Privacy Act) guidelines limiting access to personal student information.
* Adhere to the copyright regulations in Stokes County Board of Education Copyright Compliance Policy# 3230/7330, especially as it applies to software installation and downloading of copyrighted materials from the Internet or network.
* Follow the same criteria for selection and instructional use of electronic resources as are applicable to all instructional media (Stokes County Board of Education Policy #3200, Selection of Instructional Media).
* Supervise students using the Internet and ensure that each student using the Internet has an Electronic Resources Acceptable Use Agreement signed annually before he or she is allowed access to the Internet (Stokes County Board of Education Policy #3225/7320, The Internet and the Educational Program).
I, ___________________________________________ (PLEASE PRINT), understand and will abide by the responsibilities set forth above. I further understand that any violation of Stokes County Board of Education policies or administrative procedures relating to these responsibilities will become a personnel issue and may result in disciplinary action or dismissal.
I hereby release the school system, its personnel and any institutions with which it is affiliated from any and all claims and damages of any nature arising from my use of or inability to use the school system network, including but not limited to claims that may arise from the unauthorized use of the network to purchase products or services.